Tuesday, August 12, 2008

notes to self...

So I keep being told by locals how much were going to hate the winter, blah, blah, blah...with that said, I'm trying to be pretty good about taking pictures so I can remind myself in the months to come just how wonderful it is here.

activity journal

Friday: The best pizza EVER at Apizza Scholls (http://www1.apizzascholls.com/index.htm). This wasn't my discovery, but thank you Anthony Bourdain! He went to this place on his Portland show and it was so fantastic. Too bad everyone seems to know about it, because we got there at opening and there was a line out the door. After dinner went to a wonderful show put on by the Portland Cello Project. They're a group of about 16 cellos that collaborate with other local groups (mostly indie) and they make beautiful music. We will be sure to catch a few more of their shows. Thanks to them I learned about a great singer by the name of Laura Gibson (best song: Hand in Pockets...check it on myspace).
Saturday: Fell into a deep depression after finishing Breaking Dawn. I loved the book, but I am just sad that I don't have another one to look forward to. Hooray for the movie coming out in December. By the way, we rented the movie Penelope the other day and there was a great trailer for Twilight on it that I hadn't seen anywhere. Oh, and we unpacked a little more...Ella helped.
Sunday: Farmers market goodness! Bought some of the best strawberries ever and got a couple bunches of fresh lavender from a local farmer for the house. I love, love, love lavender and I think I might just need to fill my entire house with it. Later we drove to Cannon Beach and had lunch and walked along the beach. The water wasn't as cold as I was thinking it was going to be, but it definitely wasn't warm either. The drive to the beach took about an hour and 15 minutes...a little longer than I was thinking, but still not too bad. Ah, I almost forgot that we stopped at a roadside stand and bought fresh cherries!


Monday: Drove up north to Washington and visited the Hoh (pronounced HO just in case you were wondering) Rainforest and then traveled on to Forks and Port Angeles. Ah, to be in vampire country! Edward my love! I think Forks feels the same way-can you see the window on Sully's? (yummy burgers by the way) Check out the cool pictures of Bella's truck now on display at the Forks Chamber of Commerce.
Wow, Blake was such a good sport...he even listened to the Twilight book on tape for the entire car ride! I think he gets enjoyment out of my schoolgirl attitude regarding the subject. From Port Angles we took the ferry to Seattle, had a yummy dinner and stayed the night with our friends Alexis and Edi. Yeah for having a couple of familiar faces up here!
Tuesday: Drove home from Seattle and the rest is still TBD.
Does it sound enjoyable to anyone? If so, get your butts here for a stinkin' visit!

5 comments:

Allison said...

as you can tell i still can't figure out the photo formatting on the blogs yet...

Jennifer said...

Dear AL, I would very much like to get my butt there for a stinking visit. Help! I need to walk along the beach and eat mushroom ravioli and see Bella's truck! And I need to go to Seattle Grace Hospital. I must see for myself that Denny is actually dead. I need the closure, AL. Please, provide me with this.

Kaylani said...

I'll come along with Jennifer! I wish I could be there in December for the movie opening, but I wouldn't want to make the FG's deliver my baby. That's just a litlle TOO much love! I want to see all the Forks stuff though...do you think we'll ever grow up in that regard?

Jennifer said...

Come on, Kaylani! I want to deliver your baby!! Help!

Allison said...

kaylani- i'm glad you found the time to finish the book! did you just love it? on another note, i don't think i'd be the best person to deliver your baby.

jen-i'm sorry, i don't think i can provide you with the closure you are looking for. i didn't visit denny's grave or anything, but i did drive down a road named denny in seattle...man, i can't wait for the show to start again!