Saturday, August 2, 2008

L-Dawg

L-Dawg (aka Laura)My dear friend Laura was such a help with all of our moving stuff I just don't know what I would have done without her. She helped me sell some stuff on ebay, helped me pack all the wall hangings (totally time consuming), ran errands with me, brought us lunch when the movers were there, gave me moral support and some many other things I'm not thinking of at the moment, but I just want to say thanks! Laura and I met at NAU music came in the summer of 1997 and we have been the best of buds since and I just think she is one of the coolest people I know. As a thank you to Laura I got us tickets to see Joshua Radin and Vanessa Carlton. The show was in a total dive with no a/c, but it was worth it! I liked Vanessa Carlton before, but I think she is so much better after seeing her live. Oh, and Joshua Radin is so freakin' awesome (i know jen, you aren't the biggest fan, but I think you need to give him another chance)! He played a wonderful set with his full band, cello and all, and then came down in the audience and saying a couple songs in the middle of us all completely unmicrophoned and it was sooooo amazing. We were lucky to have in right in front of us! I mean I could have just reached out and ran my fingers in his beautiful brown locks. I know, I sound a little like a teen going crazy over the Backstreet Boys (wow, that reference is dated), but I just love his voice so much! He has also been added to the same list as David Duchovny and John Corbett just in case any of you were wondering.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey, whatever! I DO like Joshua Radin! (Assuming I am the Jen you were referring to.)

And I love Vanessa Carlton. What a cool concert. Did she sing "Pretty Baby"? That is my favorite.

Ok, that is all.

And hello Laura, you are very very nice to help a stressed out AL.