Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Pure Anxiety

When the writers strike happened this past fall I found a great deal on several TV series and I have been watching them ever since. So far we have finished Freak and Geeks, My So Called Life, Northern Exposure and tonight I just finished the X-files. I know, that sounds like several hours wasted on television, but the TV series are addicting. When I say series I mean I watched all 7 seasons of Northern Exposure and all 9 of X-files. Sad to say, but I have a strange feeling of separation anxiety...I'd say 25% from the actual shows being over, but 75% because I won't get to see my TV boyfriends anymore! Patrick Dempsey who? No way man, I'm talking about the men that get my heart a fluttering (in addition to Mr. Blake of course)-drum roll please.....David Duchovny and John Corbett (if you don't know he was in Northern Exposure as a kind of hippy DJ)! They are both soooooo dreamy in ever way! They both sure can make a gals heart go pitter patter. Blake has teased me at times and likes to tell me that David Duchovny a.k.a My Mulder is also one of his mom's favorites-well, I guess that she just has good taste. Okay, okay, okay, I'll stop my day dreaming now.



By the way Ame, the totally kissed several times! Did you give up on the show before it ended? They L-O-V-E each other! It is okay though, b/c I dig Scully.

Oh, and if any of you were worried about me having withdrawls I'll get to My Mulder this summer in the X-files movie! Hooray! For reals-when on earth would I ever get so involved in a Scifi show?

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

You crazy freak.

Do you also love that one movie where the guy's wife dies but her heart goes into another girl and then they fall madly in love... Why can't I remember the name? I own it! I can see the cover clearly in my mind...

Oh well. Do you know which one I am talking about?

Kaylani said...

I used to watch X-Files...a lot. Then there was that one with the leg less Indian man that scootes around on a litlle wood square with wheels...you know what I'm talking about? He was the same guy that played the oompa loompa in the new willy wonka. anyway, he freaked me out and I still wake up sometimes thinking he's scooting around under my bed! No bueno!

Allison said...

return to me. yes, i love it and own it!

ewwww, that little indian guy was creepy! i just watched him this week and blake and i discussed him being an oompa loompa. that whole storyline was pretty confusing!

Kaylani said...

i haven't started the book yet, but i think I will on my way to Cali on Monday. Due on my anniversary and yes, feeling VERY blah! Wish I could go on the trip...waaah!

Annie said...

Just wanted to say that I love Return to Me too. David Duchovny, he's just a sweetheart. However, why, oh why, did the producers or whoever, not see that he has major sweat rings in the Italy/bike scene. That is all.

THERIOT FAMILY BLOG said...

oh man,.. I saw the sweat marks too! I loved that movie as well and I loved X-files mucho, but I didn't see the end ones, no. ! I didn't make i through the whole series and thus I never saw them kiss. MAN! that's a bummer. I need to look into that!