Sunday, July 12, 2009

Jammin'

Today I had my first go at jamming...what a mess it makes, but hopefully the jam will taste fantastic and will make the mess of my kitchen worth it. I went to Sauvie Island today with my friend Amy and we handpicked all those blueberries you see below and bought the raspberries from the farm all for $20! That price really just seems amazing, because we even have extra blueberries left after making the jam. With all those berries we were able to produce 12 jars of blueberry jam and 10 jars of raspberry jam. Assuming these turn out okay I will have to make peach jam when the peaches are finally ready.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Help! I neeeeed some! Those berries look fantastic. Why is Cache Valley so late in the berry seasons?? I need them!

ashley said...

it looks so yummy!!! wish i lived closer so i could bring you some bread... way to go making it though!