Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sauvie Island

It is 8:30 PM and the sun is still bright and it is a nice 75 degrees...you'd think I'd like the extra light, but the sun staying out past 9:30 just doesn't sit well with me.

Anyhow, we are enjoying our summer weather and today we went to Sauvie Island to pick the season's first raspberries and to eat some dang good roasted corn on the cob. I love all the farms around here and I really enjoy getting to go pick our produce right from the grower. Two huge overflowing boxes of raspberries for only $2.90!
We also went to a beach on the Columbia River today that is on the island. The view was very nice, but I could do without some of the people that were there. If we would have walked down another 50 yards or so we would have been on the nude portion of the beach! Seriously, there is a clothing optional area just right out side Portland.I love that Sauvie Island is only a brief 15 min drive outside of town and that we can feel like we've gone on a little day trip.

No comments: