Wednesday, June 24, 2009

May

We didn't have any plans for Memorial Day so we decided we'd finally take the loop drive around Mt. Hood. It was such a pretty drive! There is still a lot of snow up on Mt. Hood, but we the further we got on the loop the more farms, vineyards, and orchards we saw. The whole drive was really nice and it was a very relaxing day. We stopped in this cute little town called Hood River for lunch and then we hit a waterfall on the way back to town that we hadn't seen before. We'll have to do this drive again later in the summer, b/c the call the drive the "fruit loop" b/c all the local farmers put roadside stand out.Oh yeah, and we were also introduced to Sauvie Island and what a great find! It is only about a 15 min. drive from our house and it is a little island with boat houses and farmers. We went and picked some pretty flowers and bought the most amazing cherries. We will be going back there for sure once the blackberries hit peak season.
Hooray for the SHINS! They are my favorite of all favorites! They are finally back on tour and we got to see them. This was my second time seeing them and I love them even more if that is possible. There are very few groups I can listen to over and over, but I could probably listen to them daily. When we moved here I thought we'd get to see them play more frequently, b/c they are based in Portland, but NOOOOOOOOOO. I guess I'll just have to take what I can get.

No comments: