Thursday, July 23, 2009

Vistor take 13

13...wow, and we haven't even lived her one full calendar year! People, keep coming, because it sure is fun to have all of these visitors. Yes, we are going to a lot of the same places more than once, but having all these visitors has really helped us learn are way around the area and has encouraged a lot of exploring and some creative hosting on our part.

This was Grant's second visit to see us so we were able to skip a lot of the "regular" outings and we spent almost 100% of his time here out in the sun. We had another week of above 90 weather and the three of us got pretty nice burns while enjoying our fun in the sun.

A few highlights from his visit: eating delicious roasted corn at Kruger Farms, Blake & Grant renting funcycles at Cannon Beach, watching the fog over the ocean, Grant trying to eat the mancakes at the Stepping Stone Cafe (if any of you watch Man vs. Food on the travel channel this was one of the places the guy did a food challenge at), eating the juiciest red pear I've ever had in my life purchased at farm in Hood River, beautiful dark sunflowers, and seeing Trillium Lake for the first time (soooo pretty)!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Stop. Is that really a pancake? Ohhhh how I want that pancake. Help.

Jennifer said...

I am back to look at that pancake again. Why can't I enlarge your pictures? I need to see that pancake in full-size mode.

Bella Beginnings said...

I need to come back and eat that pancake... I want it. Help get me out of this heat.. I want to pick fresh berries and make jam too. I am so impressed, it looks so yummy!