Saturday, November 1, 2008

visitor take 3

after jeff's weekend in oregon i returned to arizona with him to go to some computer training for work. fun. when i returned home this time i brought blake's brother grant back with me. we had another full weekend in portland and we even managed to make it up to seattle for one day. i think i'm going to keep having arizona people come, b/c we didn't have a drop of rain while he was here. again, here are some highlights from our visit with grant. oh, by the time he left grant actually said he was almost sick of trees. i still can't get over that one and i'm sure he was just joking, but he really was in shock with the amount of trees we have here.
(Left: Pike's Place Market. this is the place they throw the fish. I wasn't fast enough to get a pictures, here is some seafood. Right: We went to the Science Center in Seattle and there was a butterfly room and they were EVERYWHERE and it was pretty cool to get so close to them. The eyes scare me a little on this picture though...)
(Here is Madame Maria (aka another local crazy). I told Grant I would pay for him to get his fortune read by Madame Maria and he humored me! Seriously, Blake and I were dying of laughter-she talked to him for over 10 minutes in the middle of the market and he was ready to be done after minute 1. Thanks for being a good sport Grant!)
(Pike's Place Market-one of the many flower vendors. It smelled fantastic one second from the flowers and then the next second I would get a scent of seafood and it just ruined it for me, but the flowers were still beautiful.)
(This picture is for those of you that watch Grey's Anatomy...they show this shot on almost every episode)
(The last of the hydrangeas for the year. Sadness. I LOVE hydrangeas and they were all over Portland when we arrived and now we must say goodbye until next spring.)
(Blake & Grant looking stylish in some hairnets. We went on a food walking tour in downtown Portland and this is in the back of a very yummy bakery. I fortunately had too much hair and the hairnet would not stay on so I got away with rubber band....sorry for anybody who finds hair in their baked goods!)(I have no idea.)
(Brothers)

I know that was a lot of pictures, but I just couldn't decide on which to pick. Hotel Allen already has visitors 4 (Beau & Daniell from Flagstaff), visitors 5 (Steve & Claire from California), visitors 6 (Alexis & Edi from Seattle)and visitor 7 (Amy from Utah) lined up and we're accepting reservations after November so if anybody is interested let me know!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey, did you get a new lens for your camera?

Those are some fun pictures. And those are some cute brothers.