Sunday, September 26, 2010

Visitor Take 23: AME!!

This girl came for a visit!
We went down this trail to a waterfall where we met a strange man who took a terrible picture (not posted for obvious reasons).
We then continued to Hood River where we got lunch with views of the Columbia River, drove around the fruit loop (yes, that's what it's called) where we saw these things.
After the fruit loop we went to Timberline Lodge (the exterior of hotel was used in the movie the Shining) where we enjoyed these yummy Iceberg hot chocolates. Poor Ame got sick and then
threw up on the side of the road and exclaimed "GROSS!" then of course I had to take a look at said vomit. I think this was the first time I wasn't the one doing the chucking. Sorry Amy!
Then we returned to my house to eat a delicious sandwich (Amy's food of choice) to watch our first of many episodes of How I Met Your Mother (we actually finished the entire 1st season and part of the 2nd) before heading off to our late night ghost tour in downtown Portland. There were some real characters in our group and I'm not talking about ghost; just very odd people. We saw the church of Elvis as pictured below. I've lived here for two years and I didn't know this was here!
The next day we slept in late and then ventured to an area of Portland called Nobb Hill where we treated our tummies to some tarts and purchased some of the most amazing bath products ever. We got soap bombs! We drove up to the Rose Garden and Pittock Mansion (Amy's fav Portland spot) and hit a movie before attending the Opera; this was my first real Opera (Pagliacci & Carmina Burana) and I thought it was pretty fun. O'FORTUNA!

On Saturday we hit the farmers market and Saturday Art Market and during this outing I did the worst parking job of my life and my car was almost in some serious trouble. We had a homeless guy and cop walk past us and pretty much laugh and the situation I was in, b/c my car was near destruction!. Onward and outward we went out to Sauvie Island where we ate some roasted corn and where Amy fed a chicken her scraps (right out of her hand...chickens are disgusting) and then later that night we went to the Symphony and saw a very so-so performance of Mozart's Grand Mass.
On Sunday my heart filled with sadness to know my dear friend was leaving, but we enjoyed a lazy morning at home and I made some yummy steel cut oatmeal that we enjoyed while watching more How I Met Your Mother before taking off tour Portland's different neighborhoods and view pretty houses (I'm glad Amy likes doing that as well, b/c Blake sure as heck doesn't).

Gypsy of course loved Amy and even tried to get her hump on the first night Amy was here and Amy had vast progress with Ella and cuddled with her (this is a huge thing!). Come back soon so I can have someone to do random things with.

2 comments:

ostleriot said...

YEA!!!! nice summary. You forgot my SECOND favorite Portland spot ...Powels, but it's cool. The only things I don't miss about you and Portland is the beeping your car makes when my seat belt isn't on. Thanks for a way fun trip!

Allison said...

dang it, i tried so hard to remember everything! and hey, my car just wants you to be safe. so there.