Monday, November 1, 2010

MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I made another trek to the Midwest to visit with great friends and had a blast. I was pretty lousyabout taking pictures which bums me out since there were such fun things to document.

Highlights of trip
-A barn dance where I learned the term "Peel the Banana" and dressed in western wear. I know, I need a picture of me doing this, but the others will have to suffice.
(Kate, my dancing partner for the night)
-Amazingly fun concert with Janelle and her sister. This was my about my fourth time seeing Joshua Radin and unfortunately I found him to be so-so, but The Script was seriously awesome and I really can't wait to see them again. Best song of night was Rusty Halo.
-Eating at a terrible middle eastern restaurant on campus...you'd think since the food was crappy this wouldn't be a highlight, but we were served by the cutest little boy who was about 10 years old and he kept telling us the food was "delicious" adorable, but incorrect.
-Playing with darling little swissy puppies (Awesome hair, right?).
-Driving in Gary, IN; a heck of a scary place, and seeing a man just walking down the street with a machine gun. Not really a highlight, but still worth mentioning.
-Chicago with Janelle which include city sights, yummy and buttery popcorn and one visit to the Oprah show. The show topic was a dud and we didn't win anything, but the whole experience was still really fun.
-Tornado warnings, sirens, skies...odd.
-Walking on Janelle & Michael's beautiful property and seeing trees full of fall colors and finally getting to see Mr. Bow's creek. What a lovely and peaceful place....it was tick-filled which gave me the willies, but I still loved it.
Too bad the Midwest seems like worlds apart sometimes because I sure love being there.

No comments: