Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Close of Summer

Is it officially fall now that it is September? I'm not going to lie, I'm ready for the summer to be over and for the fall colors to start showing up. Last weekend we had our last summer outing and attended a dahlia festival just outside of Portland. I never realized how many different varieties of dahlias there were or even how much I liked them. The rows and rows of flowers were beautiful and I have added a new flower to my list of favorites. Yes, Gypsy (8 months now) goes everywhere with us.

2 comments:

m e a d o w said...

Hi Allison!
I thought of you when we drove to seattle..couldn't convince my friends to detour even a little!

So does your dog behave or what? Can she walk around without a leash and be fine? The other day we were in the mountains and some horsebackriders came through and maeby ran circles around them....I was so embarrassed! She's dumb sometimes.

k bye!

Allison said...

oh mead, it sure would have been nice to see you. i could have shown you a many of slugs...seriously, they are all over the place and gypsy tries to eat them. gross.

um, and gypsy only behaves when she feels like it. i get embarrassed on a regular basis don't be fooled by pictures. we take her with us all over town so she is pretty socialized, etc., but she is still a puppy who act like a freak half the time.

i'm glad i have at least one friend who is a doggy person :)